Heading back to Nassau

 



With a few days of fair weather and nastier stuff coming by the end of the week we decide to start moving north. Anchored and travelled with some friends along the way;  Will and Joy and Cam and Heather from Sea Clef.


Up to Norman’s Cay but the boat rocked all night.


We moved up to Highbourne Cay hoping for a quieter night but it was not to be…another sleepless night of rocking.



Enjoying our evenings.



Then across to Nassau…..a little sporty but doable. With the bad weather coming it will be nice to have dockage and enjoy a nice break. I know I need a break from being bounced into our table, or railing or doorframes…the body is getting a little bruised up.  This morning a gallon of water rolled off the bed and onto my fourth toe…it looks like a blueberry. Now my right wrist will not rotate or make a fist, not sure if it’s delayed reaction to my fall or I hurt it handeling lines.  Just feeling beat up and needing a break.  Even my steadfast captain had an episode with a sliding bowl of beans that decorated the floor, counter and cabinet fronts that said….it’s time to move on.    🤬🤬🤬




Coming into Nassau and Harbour Club Marina….home sweet home for a rest….dockhands here are amazing and was ready to jump on board to help me hook that high back line…
 

I do have a hook that extends and I nearly had it but was most thankful for his help.


It was so nice to see these friendly faces, Tia and Glen on Child of the Sun, greeting us on the dock on arrival…and catching up with a few cocktails.


Day 2 here it rained all night and day…boat got a good rinse from salt water buildup and the admiral got lots of rest and recovering nicely.  Staying put for almost a week watching weather for our crossing to the north and eventually west back to Florida.








Comments

Pete Slight said…
You are supposed to be living the dream, not bruising the body!

Popular posts from this blog

For Sale!!!

The End

Bahamas, Green Turtle Cay